How popular I am :-)
Here is my second tagging courtesy of Judi at Tales of a Blended Family.
(I have expanded on my answers on my previous tagging, for those who care)
I will play and answer her interesting questions, but I am not going to re-tag.
1. If you could have 3 people over for a dinner party, who would they be (and a short why)?
My first person would be Laura Ingalls Wilder. I have had a life long interest in her books and her journey through life. Visiting her homes is on my bucket list.
The second person I would have over is my ancestor from 1678. In the middle of the religious wars in what is now Germany, but was Switzerland then, she lost her husband and brought her sons over to upstate New York to begin a new life. I can't imagine how brave she must have been.
The third person I would have over is Gail Vaz Oxlade. She really is pivotal in my new financial knowledge and the way I see money. I have a lot to thank her for.
2. Who is your favourite author and why?
I really do have a fascination for Bertrice Small's books. They are historical romance and while there are risque parts, there is also a lot of history. Reading her fiction books prompted a lot of non fiction reading about different people in history.
3. What activities/clubs did you join in High School and what was your favourite?
I did a lot of singing. Private lessons. A choral group. Church choir. I love to sing. I'm..........decent. My students often say I should go on TV but let's face it, I'm old and I don't like being judged LOL Singing was something I was good at. It helped create my identity and it gave me something to be proud of.
4. Is there a movie that you can watch over and over again and never get sick of it? Why?
The only movies I can watch more than once are comedy or comedy/drama. I can't seem to do it with serious movies. On my repeat loop are the Men in Black movies. Tomb Raider duo. Oceans' Eleven and his two mathematic sequels. I think I can rewatch them because they are familiar, comforting and don't require emotional committment.
5. Do you have any hobbies? Tell us about them.
I am obviously on the computer a lot. Probably too much. I also like going for walks in the spring or fall or else early morning summer air. I love weiner roasts and camping. I cross stitch but only in spurts.
6. Is there someone from your past that you have lost touch with but would like to have them back in your life…who is it and why?
I had a penpal when I was younger. 9 - 12. We wrote diligently. By hand. No computers then. She lived in Stillwater, Minnesota. At one point she and her family invited me for a visit in the summer but my mom was not comfortable doing that. We slowly drifted apart after that. Probably my fault. I wish I still had contact with her.
7. Tell us about your guilty pleasure
I love coming home on a day when I know I don't have to go anywhere or do anything. Out come the contacts. On go the jammies. I curl up and read or putter about the house or watch TV and know that there is nothing pressing on my time.
8. Do you watch tv? What are your 3 favourite shows (and if you don’t watch tv, tells us why you don’t)
It's hard to pick 3. CSI counts as 1. Big bang, another and the Mentalist or NCIS or or or or :-)
9. What did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be a teacher, then a lawyer, then Laura Ingalls Wilder, then a teacher, then a lawyer, then a politician, then a teacher.
10. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging because I hoped it would be the novelty that would provide me with longevity as I started this new outlook on money and life. I have trouble sticking with things. For some reason, I have stuck with this. It wasn't about readers or comments or anything like that. More just seeing my thoughts organized and written down. I appreciate the readers and comments now.
11. Who do you most admire in your life? Tell us something about that person.
Interestingly I would put down my mom. She's been on her own since she was very young. Her mom died when she was 9 and she was left on the farm taking care of her sister, who was starting to get ill, her two brothers and her father. She...............worked........................her........................ASS......................off. She got married to my dad when she was 16, which wasn't uncommon or creepy back then and promptly had four children. Her first home burned down when she was pregnant with my oldest sister and they moved in with my dad's parents. Her whole life she has worked HARD and family is her everything.
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago
2 comments:
Ooooh Laura Ingalls Wilder...love her books and I too am fascinated with her life and have scoured non-fiction books about her. Love the books, love the tv show, all of it! My friends used to tease me about my Laura interest, LOL.
Thanks so much for playing along!
Belatedly... there is a really interesting new book about Laura Ingalls Wilder out now in hardcover. The paperback is out in April.
The Wilder Life: My Adventures in the Lost World of Little House on the Prairie by Wendy McClure
Your library might have it, I recommend it!!
Post a Comment