Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

Gas went up. sigh

I KNEW I should have filled up this morning. I went off to the school and it was $1.149 a Liter. I am kissing empty on  my gauge and planned to fill up en route home.

What did I see on my way home????

@#$@# $1.239 a Liter now.

Seriously? up 8 cents a Liter in under 10 hours?

That's just crazy.

And me on fumes now.

12 comments:

Maureen said...

Petrol was $1.51 per lt.yesterday here in Oz, but some days it can be around the $1.35 beats me how they get away with it. We are supposed to have a Gov. body keeping an eye on our pricing they must be asleep.

Anonymous said...

Down here in the Maritimes it's $1.29/ltr.

Cassie said...

I think they're asleep here too Maureen. I honestly think the gas companies do it just because they can. If we get used to gas prices jumping 8 cents at a time, then we don't complain when it goes up by 1 cent.

Rose said...

Here it's been $1.23 for awhile, had a high of $1.40 a liter around Xmas time. I try not to make random trips, but still, it's an arm and a leg!

Michelle said...

I hate that it's going up. AH

Tania said...

Uff, I hate when that happens. It used to happen to me a lot, but now I just plan it around my trips, so that I can combine getting gas with doing chores. It's impossible to predict the up and downs of gas, so I just try my best and fill up as needed.

Northern Living Allowance said...

Ouch! Ours has actually dropped (I KNOW!) 2 cents a litre over the past couple of months. It's been steady at 1.249 for about 6 weeks or so now. But I'm trying not to get complacent - those sneaky raises will come sooner than later... :(

Sarah said...

That's crazy!! I had actually been thinking of reducing the amount I put a side for gas but when I heard it was going up. Sigh I dropped that idea.

PS: I switched to a new blog www.micommoncents.com check it out!

its me, sam said...

Gas here is 132.5/litre... It really bites....

~Carla~ said...

Sucks! :( My BFF says its 1.274 here in London... Ouch!

Anonymous said...

Move to Alberta! We're at .96 cents per litre. We've been higher & lower but always seem to come back to under a dollar.

Need to revamp my invitation to come here. It is higher in Calgary ... no one knows why but it's always higher by .20 to .40 cents a litre more.

Just a fair warning!

Mysti said...

I hate when that happens. There is a station near my office that I swear goes up a few cents every 12 hrs. I leave work...it is one price. The next morning...it is up 2 cents. I leave work, it is up again.

Do they think we won't notice?