Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Hump Day

I can't believe that the week is almost half over. I haven't been true to my list and as usual, the guilt of 'I have wasted time' is eating away at me.

I have been having troubles making posts on my blog since Monday night. I can comment my heart out on mine or elsewhere but I can't create a new post. I hit the command to create one. I get the blank template. I can type a title to the post but I can't 'get' to the main box to type. There is a little rotating circle of doom which says the page is trying to finish loading, but it never really does. I get a yellow error triangle on the bottom left of my screen.h

Being the genius I am (please note sarcastic tone) it took until this morning for me to check to see if I could write the entry on my desktop downstairs or on my iphone. both of those work. I really prefer not to write big entries on my iphone as I hate not being able to see it properly, but I can from mr desktop.

On unrelated wireless issues, I had my provider send a tech guy out to test my lines. I have been having trouble with my wireless for over a month now and it was getting quite tedious talking to tech support on the phone. I  was given a new router but that still didn't fix the issues. The kind folk were able to schedule me in for yesterday, sometime between the hours of 8 AM and June (noon :-) The gentleman showed up about 10 and said a bunch of things I didn't understand, put a few thingies on my phone lines, tested my wireless, and nodding, satisfied, left. I really wish I understood more about computer so I wouldn't feel so stupid when I am having troubles.

So the wireless is good. I can post via iphone and desktop so the problem isn't blogger. The problem is with my laptop. I have cleared cache and defragmented and all those things I know how to do. I suspect for whatever reason, the pages just aren't loading fast enough/strong enough and that is why I get the 'loading circle of doom'.

Any thoughts out there?

As for yesterday, I did a boatload of nothing. I watched TV. I read. I made brownies and 2 loaves of bread in the machine. I made meatballs. I ate way too much brie! and I felt like crap when I went to bed. Note to self - do SOMETHING today!!!

3 comments:

Northern Living Allowance said...

I think you're right when you're thinking the pages are just loading too slowly. I get that sometimes and I have a monster hard drive. Maybe some more RAM (memory) would help the issue? Very frustrating!

Anonymous said...

I usually hand my laptop to my son and say fix it..and walk away. It works really well for me. LOL

Rose said...

Frustrating, isn't it? Makes you think sometimes what we need is a vacation from the technology and to unplug for awhile....