Pages

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Where the money stands

as of December 4th

Debts
Mortgage - $29 225.55
LOC - $6665.49

Total Debt -  $35 921.04 (up $3 456.63)

Savings/Planned Spending
TFSA/EF - $2045
RESP - $12 000
RRSP - $4200 (+750 saved but not yet in portfolio)
Christmas 2012 - $1400

Well the cheques all cleared and the money is in on what this vehicle accident has cost. I put the new vehicle yearly insurance and package policy on my CC and paid that off first as the cheques started coming in. Then I applied the balance to the LOC.  When it is all said and done there was a remainder of $4444 on my LOC. This took into account the new to us vehicle we bought, all insurance in and out and buying back the first car.

It is $4444 more debt than I wanted, although we did intend to buy #2 a new to him vehicle anyways in the spring. 

I have paid some since hence the up $3456 at the top instead of up $4444.

It annoys me greatly that my debt has gone up and not down. I have adjusted the numbers on my top right side bar. I really wanted that number to be below $30 000 by the end of the year but that isn't going to happen.

I obviously won't get ridof this LOC very fast if I pay the $50 a month I was paying on this before. Time to get serious about things and get at it.

As a side note - 4s always come up in my world. I wake up to 4:44 AM most nights/mornings a week - just random then fall back asleep again. I see it often on my drive home or on the satellite box. 4s mean anything in 'good luck' for folks out there?

5 comments:

Northern Living Allowance said...

I took the liberty of googling '4' in numerology for you: http://www.numerology.com/numerology-numbers/4 :)

Sharon said...

I wish my mortgage was that low! At least you were able to get the car. You'll pay that down before you know it! Hmmm, the number 4? Not sure, but it may be time to play the lottery....:)!

Hawaii Planner said...

I'm sorry about the rise in debt for the car. All you can do now is pick yourself up & come up with a plan to attach that LOC!

The Asian Pear said...

I agree with Sharon. Quick! Buy a Max Lotto!

Jolie said...

I did buy a Lotto Max. No luck whatsoever LOL

Thanks for providing that link NLA.

The plan is just Dory's. Just keep swimming. Just keep paying. Just keeping watching spending. Fa la la la la la la.