Don't tell anyone, but it's been glorious. really really glorious.
Having completed almost all my shopping I didn't even go out of the house today. I woke up to lounge around in my jammies and used some of my gifts from students as a way of spoiling myself. I opened up my scentsy warmer and put a few of the mandarin wax wedges in. I haven't had one of these before so it was a new experiment. It's quite strong so I only kept it on for awhile. I opened a box of Keurig coffee from another student and when that brewed up (and smelled divine) I plopped in a wee bit of Baileys given to me by another. Such a lovely treat.
The house was quiet. DH went out to finish his shopping and both boys slept ridiculously late. I confess I had a wee nap on the couch before lunch.
My sister was heading off to Calgary for Christmas with all her children. Her daughter is expecting so it was easier for them all to go to her, than her to come home and be so far from her doctor. I quickly wrapped up the books I bought for her two grandchildren and their cheque I give them for their RESP. There are enough people to buy them 'stuff'. I told them all I will be the aunty who gives them lifetime gifts - reading and education. I am excited for the new great-niece to be born.
I watched a bit of the world junior hockey exhibition games on TV.
Supper was leftover chinese - we always have chinese on the last day of school before Christmas.
I started my Christmas house hold cleaning/tidying/sorting to do list and it will feel very good to give everything a once over before work starts up again.
I am eyeing up one of the homemade packs of hot chocolate I was given as a gift and thinking it will be perfect in about an hour, on this chilly night.
Tomorrow is supper at the inlaws. Good night all and keep warm.
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
2 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment