Well I am in a pretty good mindspace right now.
We made it through the last week of school with some nice days and some ice cold ones (complete with indoor recesses). The carnival is done. My class potluck is done (amazing how many don't know basic potluck etiquette on how much to take etc. ah well a learning opportunity) and our movie morning complete with freshly popped corn was a success.
We now have a week off school before we are back at it.
My tree is up and decorated and the cats are very excited to see it and hide under it. I even got some presents wrapped last night. It gave me a clear idea of what I had left to do. I wrote my list out and ran after school. Everything is all wrapped and under the tree. GREAT feeling. Just need to get something for mom and dad and I am done.
Went to DS's last game before XMAS tonight. They lost. badly. but it was great to see the little kids team he helps coach (as part of his community duties for his team) were all there tonight to cheer him on.
This year for our charitable giving I/we did a couple things. The first was to contribute to the raffle one of our teachers does at school. She makes two lovely baskets - one for girls and one for boys and then sells raffle tickets. Proceeds go to a gift card for groceries for one of our families in need. She raised over $250. It was a great event.
I am sitting here, watching the tree and NCIS. I am out of baileys and wine so it's just chai tea for this girl. I have a lovely candle lit and it feels very odd to know that tomorrow, the day is mine to do with as I please.
I hope you have a safe and wonderful Friday night and weekend.
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
2 days ago
4 comments:
Sounds like a great start to the holidays. Curious though, why do you only get a week off? Wouldn't that put you heading back to work before New Years??
good point. we go back on the 3rd. a week and a couple days.
Your evening sounds like mine. I watched NCIS, with the tree lit in the background & sipped a glass of wine. The husband was exhausted from a late night flight, so it was just me. So peaceful!
Love that we share that in common HP. Sounds like your evening was lovely.
Post a Comment