Pages

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Christmas doings

It's been a busy month as the MoneyTree family plows through with the everyday busy-ness as well as the seasonal.

Plow is the optimal word. We have a pile of snow. The first snowfall we had was more than we had all last winter, and we've had more snow since then, with more on the way. Interspersed with it are some bitter cold winds and some cold temps. We have had lots of indoor recesses  because it is below the safe level. The kids go a little squirrely without some outside breaks and fresh air.

In the midst of this we have had a few Christmas activities. In our scout group we had two meals together: one at the provincial level and one at the local level. It's nice to get together with folks and share conversation without having to rush. For the local one, I was happy both my boys were able to be there, along with my parents and two of my sisters.

For hockey we have had our family get together with the boys. It was great to see the boys cooking for us. The team had their teddy bear toss for the fans. It was great to see all those stuffed toys heading to the ice, and the boys gathering them up. All of them went to those in need.  For band, we had our evening concert. It was fantastic to listen to the choir and the bands and see  how much they have learned this year. My son is blessed to have an amazing band leader. They absolutely love him.

For school we have had our staff party. It was a great time to gather together with coworkers and relax and enjoy company. I am so lucky to work with a staff who are such great friends outside of work too.  We still have a Winter carnival with the school and school families this week and I am having a potluck with my class this week. Not sure when other schools get out, but we go straight through to Friday.

I have to confess I have not yet put up my tree. We have it in the garage but there just hasn't been a moment to get it up - and I have to confess, I really don't have a burning urge to do so this year. I don't like that feeling.

I have done some of my shopping - mostly through amazon. I still have some to do and time is running out. I guess I had better use today well to organize, as this week is jam packed busy in the day and the evenings, until late Friday night.

Happy Sunday everyone.

2 comments:

Jane said...

I read on another blog that they were going to just decorate their tree IN THE GARAGE to save time so just passing that tip on to you Jolie!!
I noticed that the temperatures were REALLY COLD out your way recently! We're still way above seasonal around here, lots of rain and fog. Weird! I think this will be another green Christmas for us unfortunately!

Hawaii Planner said...

Sounds like lots of fun activities with the family! Enjoy all of that snow. :-)