I was over budget last year and I don't really want to do that again so planning is essential.
Now I know some of you bought your presents in March, but I have not yet started. I've been thinking about it, but not yet started. Right now I am just mulling over the list of things I will need to purchase over the coming month so I can proportion the money correctly. Here is what I have so far...
- Christmas tree
- Christmas offering at church
- Postage for Christmas cards
- Christmas cards (I have)
- Wrapping paper and tags (I have)
- Ingredients for Christmas baking
- Staff Christmas party
- Husband
- DS1
- DS2
- My parents
- My new great nephew
- stocking stuffers for the cats
- Secret Santa at work
- something for my student 'teacher in training'
8 comments:
Yes, there is something you are missing - YOURSELF!!
Didn't know you were a fellow teacher til now - elementary or highschool?
I always treat myself in some small way, but then I've been a single parent for a number of years. Usually it's a book I want or an article of clothing. Nothing too expensive.
I like how you are planning your costs. I need to do that. There are so many other things besides gifts.
What about entertaining?
lol I get a few gifties from some of my students so that can be my spoiling.
I teach middle school.
our house is no bigger than a shoebox so no entertaining happens here.
what about your inlaws? or is the hubby taking care of that?
Both of my husband's parents are deceased. He sometimes buys gifts for his sister but that is out of his pocket and his choice. Thanks for the suggestion though.
I love buying stocking stuffers for my cat. The local vet makes the best catnip toys (they are handmade using locally grown catnip) and this cat just goes nuts for those toys. I'm almost worried that they're too powerful! Still, it's only once a year.
I'm doing the same thing...just planning. I have a budget, and I'm trying to figure out what to give each category. We buy a real tree every year so that is on my list as well. I have a new son-in-law to add to the mix, but a daughter who thinks that wants to sleep here on Christmas Eve...I was hoping they would do their own Christmas morning...
No, not bah humbug, but I think she still expects me to be Santa!
In any event, when I came up with a number I was shocked at how much we actually spend...I'll try and lower the budget a bit, which is why I'm not buying anything until I know exactly what I'm getting.
I did a huge chunk of my Xmas shopping in December, I hate crowded malls and pushy shoppers. ;) lol! Just have a few stocking goodies to grab! Your list looks good to me!
looks like you have a great idea of things there! I have shortened my list a bit & it is so much less stressful this year!
Post a Comment