Pages

Monday, December 28, 2009

Over Budget

Numbers are in mostly and it would appear that I am about $350 over budget on Christmas. ouch. That's over 1/4 of my original budget, EXTRA.

Where did I go horribly wrong? hmmmm Well I bought a few decorations for my classroom at the DollarStore as I haven't bought any new for years and they were looking a little ratty. I spent about $25 on my Secret Santa, which I didn't know we were doing until about 2 weeks before Christmas. I spent $20 on a gift for a coworker. We sometimes exchange, we sometimes don't. I usually let her lead, and lead she did this year. Beyond that, I spent probably too much on the boys. Well not probably....most likely....ok I did. It's hard to buy things they NEED when what they NEED is costly. Example..the boy needed a new helmet for Refereeing. A need. Those are costly little things. The younger NEEDED an algae eater for his tank as it is ridiculous how much that tank builds up. There were WANTS too. The WANTS are where I need to watch. Most definitely.

As for husband...honestly...........he's never happy with what I get him whether I go the one larger item or the several smaller items. I honestly have given up. I buy what he says he needs, in the brand he wishes and somehow it still all goes horribly wrong. Ah well. I tried :P

Today the tree came down and decorations went away. It's a cleaning day in that realm and time to curl up with my reflections from 2009 and thoughts for 2010.

Happy Day everyone!

No comments: