Pages

Monday, December 7, 2009

I wasn't ready!!!!!

It was bitter this morning. Minus 35 C plus the windchill took it to close to -40C. I had to rummage around last night to find my extension cords. One for the house and one to take with me to work.

I hate it being so cold everything crunches. Snow. Your hair. The seat of your vehicle.

You have to warm up your vehicle and that costs extra for fuel.

We had such a beautifully, abnormally mild November. We truly were spoiled. Then wham! it went to this Arctic Freezer.

Boy I whine LOL

Ah well this too shall pass :-)  Look on the bright side!! Soon it will officially be the first day of Winter :P

7 comments:

Jessie said...

That is exactly what I woke up to this morning!!

Anonymous said...

-40!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohhhhh dear.

And here I am whining about -16!!!

The Asian Pear said...

OMG! -35C?!?! I had no idea that the prairies were thaat bitterly cold. Even for early December! In Toronto, we just received our first snowfall today and we've only wavered around the -5C to 5C lately.

its me, sam said...

We're going to get that cold on the week-end. Brrr, and htanks for the reminder to put my extension cord in my vehicle this week-emd!

Girl Makes Cents said...

Brrr that is cold! I didn't know it got that cold there either! I woke to -6 but a foot of snow on my car. No fun having to brush and scrape the car off multiple times a day.

Jolie said...

We do get this a lot here but we were so lulled into false winter with the glorious temps of November. We just haven't had time to acclimatize to it perhaps.

Northern Living Allowance said...

We've had an abnormally mild winter to this point as well - I'm not complaining! - but it will just make the bitter cold that much more, well, bitter. Stay warm!!