Pages

Saturday, November 6, 2010

What I got for (almost) free

Last weekend was the point redeeming bonus weekend at Shoppers. Spent $75 worth of points and get $25 worth of product free.

The last one of these I did was at the beginning of July and that was the first time I had ever redeemed points.

I shop there carefully. Only on bonus points weekends like 20x points and usually only the items that are on sale. Otherwise it's not worth shopping there as the products are more expensive there than say, at Walmart.

I feel like I got more last time but perhaps that is just because there were more items on my table.



I am just finishing off with the hair care products and mascara that I bought in that July run.

So what did I buy this time?
Needs: girl stuff, mascara, foundation and deoderant for the boys.
Kinda needs: Halloween candy for the trick or treaters. Notice NO chocolate. If I bought it, I'd eat it. willpower is weak around it.

Wants: the cotton pads, the facial toner and the mark antony curl and shine.

yeah not nearly as fun as last time. I must make sure that I have more fun with it the next time I redeem.

6 comments:

Jolie said...

I totally agree about the milk cost. It's cheaper than Walmart most days and about $1.50 per 4L cheaper than the stores half a K from my house.

Shoppers and Walmart are about 5 K from my place so I try to be sure to go there when I am already over at school.

Jane said...

You are such a smart shopper - I must learn to strategize my shopping like you do. You got FREE stuff - you did great! Are those Skittles and Twizzlers going to make it til next Halloween - they sure wouldn't around me! I'd have to tuck them away somewhere safe and then I'd totally forget where I put them lol!

Maureen said...

You could teach the Australian Supermarkets a thing or two about pulling in customers, I get green with envy when I see all your bargains, our seem to compete to empty your wallet quickest.

Jolie said...

LOL nooo I bought them Oct 30th for Halloween last weekend :-)

Northern Living Allowance said...

I love Shoppers! I was sceptical when one of our two was renovated a couple of years back? Groceries? But the prices are GREAT! I bought 4lbs of butter for $2.99 ea!

Great shopping! Some good things for your points.

Girl Makes Cents said...

Awesome job!! Free stuff, those points really do add up :)