Pages

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Stocking Stuffers

I'm just curious about what my readers happen to find when Santa stuffs the stockings on that magical night.

Some items that have been found in our home or those of my sisters are:
(keep in mind my children are not little anymore)
  • personal care items (toothbrush, paste etc)
  • mixed nuts
  • chocolates
  • fishhooks
  • candles
  • lottery tickets
  • books
  • magazines
  • hand warmer hot packs
  • golf balls and tees
What do you find?

11 comments:

Girl Makes Cents said...

Those sound like awesome things. My family doesn't do stockings anymore. They are out each year, just not filled. But when we were kids we used to get similar things, gum, handheld games, etc. My dad used to get fruit and veggies, and we kids thought Santa was hilarious for doing that. We definitely would not have wanted that as a stocking stuffer :)

Auntie April said...

In our family, a humungous orange always finds its way into the stocking. It was something that my mother did for us, and her mother did for her. Back in my mothers childhood, apparently oranges were hard to come by. Our family has been doing it ever since.

Anonymous said...

my mom always puts underwear in our stockings lol iTunes giftcards are my personal favorite also

Jessica Fletcher-Fierro said...

Lots of little things...socks are popular. Makeup, like lip gloss or chapstick. Starbucks gift card. Candy of course, cards. I think the hit last year was when my mom got my sister "nun bowling" from Borders. :) We exchange names and everyone participates. I love stockings!

its me, sam said...

We do stockings at my house, and it usually chocolate inside. I'm waiting for Shoppers to offer their bonus redeption and my parents allow my sister and I to add their points to my card, and we get all of the stocking stuffers and other treats with the points. ( $175.00- 200.00 can buy ton's of chocolate and other items).

Jane said...

For my 20 year old lots of toiletries, candy (she LOVES candy still), usually funny socks, lip smackers, mittens that sort of thing. My favourite from my parents was the silver dollar my dad would put in every year - I still have them!

Finding my Way said...

Oh boy! Stockings are all the rage in my house. Always have been. My mom used to use them as a source of exciting fun things - like toys and what not. She has managed to always find something really cool, and pretty handy.

Undies
Socks
Toiletries
Lip Gloss
Hand Cream
Shampoo & Conditioner
Icing knives
cookie cutters
wind-up radio and flashlight
jumper cables
tooth brush and tooth paste
ornament
floss
slippers
magazine
various gift cards
novels
coal (chocolate)
reindeer poop (chocolate)
Terry's chocolate orange
fly swatter
cheese grater
measuring cups
whisk
nuts
candy
chocolate
candles
bubble bath
Just to name a few! Good luck with your stocking items! I highly recommend the wind-up flashlights though. They come in really handy in a power outage - as well as the radio - lets you listen to music and learn about the weather even without power - it's windup too!

Maureen said...

No more stockings in our house now, but I remember as a child we always got a shiny new coin right in the toe followed by a tangerine and some chocolate coins, and then what space was left was filled with little toys. And topped off with a candy cane. Oh to be young and innocent again.

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Lottery tickets are my favourite, although they're kind of a waste of money to me LOL

They're still fun to scratch though.

I prefer food. Especially chocolate.

Anonymous said...

My kids each find a "bigger" item in their stocking such as a computer or video game, gift card, then all the fun small stuff like everyone else does. But always personal items and craft stuff for my youngest 2 girls! :)

Jolie said...

Thanks everyone for your experiences and thoughts on stockings. I love that this blog gives me glimpses into lives across the world and I can see all the ways were are different and similar.

Oranges were always a part of our stockings when we were younger too. Mandarin oranges only came out in December and were a huge treat.

I forgot to have on my list that I've been giving the boys gift cards to Chapters and Subway as well.

I will see what I can take to your lists to fine tune mine.

The Shoppers point redeemer will be a good way to go for some if they have another one before Christmas.

Love, love, LOVE the comments.