Pages

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Where the money stands

I know I know I've been horribly delinquent of late. It's not that I have been horribly swamped. I mean I have had tons of things on my to do list, however I haven't been doing many of them. I've been incredibly unmotivated. The four letter L word comes to mind.

But the work piles up and no little fairies have come round to give me a hand or even a nudge with their wand, and the urgent cries of 'get er done!!!' echo through my mind. Add to that the looming presence of report cards and I know it is time to get up off my keister and get down to business.

In many ways I love report card time. Things in my house get clean then, as I procrastinate. My fridge is all pretty and shiny and organized this morning after last night's procrastination.

I ran to the bank yesterday after work with $160 in snowflakes. It felt good to apply that to my loan. I have a little tiny slip of orange paper in my wallet with the loan account number on it. When I in to lump sum, I hand them that for easy reference. It's getting quite ragged and the teller, whom I've known for years, laughs and says 'good thing you're close to the end on this. I don't think your paper is going to make it'

Debt
Mortgage - $37 600.36
Consolidated Loan - $1658.34
Vehicle Loan - $25 865.86

Total Debt - $65 124.56

Regular Savings
EF - $1300
RRSP 2010 - $325
Summer 2010 - $1000
Xmas 2010 - 360

Total Regular Savings - $2895

Special Savings
RESPs - $400
RRSP portfolio - $1000

My debt this month was reduced by $1784.40

5 comments:

The Asian Pear said...

you know what will be great? when you pay off the loan and you can rip it to shreds!

Sharon said...

Wow, you are doing great! Do you have a timeframe when you will be finished?

Jolie said...

Pear - oh don't you know it!! I can't wait!

Sharon - I have a 'cross my fingers but not say it outloud or karma will get me' time line for the personal loan.

I have to sit down and figure out how fast I can get the vehicle loan out of the way. The interest per month is scary when you add it up.

Canadian Saver said...

Wow, that is a great payoff for the month!! way to go :-)

Jennifer said...

Your house gets clean as you procrastinate? Meaning - you have slave children? LOL - mine are!

It is so exciting to be that close - like mouth-watering waiting...