Pages

Friday, February 26, 2010

Getting closer

Today my regular payment came off my consolidated loan. I am now down to $1818.00 left on it. That means in 23 months I have paid off $16 000 of debt!! Really though I have only been working aggressively on that for 14 of those 23 months.

I know now that I will be done with this loan before the end of the school year. That will be 10 months ahead of amortization schedule.

My usual principal amount that comes off is $540. This month $558. Like a little $18 gift :-)

I can't wait until I can start tackling the vehicle loan and see how extra payments affect the interest on a far larger sum.

4 comments:

Northern Living Allowance said...

WHOO!! Outstanding - how exciting! You must be so proud of yourself - $16K is a huge amount in just under two years.

Congratulations!! :)

its me, sam said...

Go, Jolie, go! Your news is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I always loved seeing those balances fall! Now that I'm focusing on savings, I love seeing those balances rise! :)

Anonymous said...

YAY!! That's awesome. It's so wonderful to see the balances going down, down, down!