Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Pay Day, long month, expenses out the wazoo

Well it's a happy day that it's payday!! When you get paid once a month, even if you ration your money out by the week, it's a long month. Expenses were high for Feb, particularly for the extra money for conference that I hadn't budgeted for. Mental note for next year to get this in a budget line so it's not such a shocker.

Coming soon to expenses near me are:
- DS2's glasses I paid for on CC yesterday and now I wait the long time for insurance claims to go first through my husband's plan and then through mine. Tedious process to be sure but I am very glad we have plans.
- Soccer registration for DS1 is tonight. That will be about $100. I don't recall exactly. That will come out of the boys' expenses account
- DS2 goes on a 2 day field trip next week. Expenses are $50 outright plus a wee bit of spending money.
- DS1 and DS2's forms for summer camp came this week and will have to be sent out. It was $400ish for them both last year so it will be at least that. That will come out of the boys'  account too though it's pretty tight in there right now.

I am sure more things will be coming up. Brain full right now LOL

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whooohooo! Gotta love payday:)

Jennifer said...

Girl, you and I live parallel lives. I told my kiddos - no camp this year. It is Camp of MOM!
Funny how those incidentals just creep and creep and creep up on ya.

jpkittie said...

payday - nice.... you do a great job with all of your finances, I am always impressed... keep it up

The Asian Pear said...

Yay. Pay day. I gotta say though... man, when the expenses come... They sure all do come at the same time!

Jolie said...

LOL thanks guys

They do seem to come in chunks. March is a heavy month for me and the Aug/September is super heavy.

Sigh, I really should be creating a budget line for that too. Just not sure how to do all the things budgetwise I want, with limited funds.