Really, really,
Thank you!
At Christmas, one of the gifts I got DS1 was a badminton raquet. He really wanted to try out for the school team this year as it's his first year eligible for it. To add to that, the badminton season doesn't interfere with his hockey / soccer season. That means a lot to a boy who loves sports but has to choose between his beloved hockey and school teams.
So buy him one I did. Heck buying him a gift that gets him UP and moving instead of Xbox really makes a mama happy.
Season started a week ago. He had two practices and one day I took him to my school and he played there with his cousin.
He comes home tonight with it in two pieces. Just whapping at the birdie, in the air, the head detaches from the arm and goes flying across the room. Lovely. He happens to be off school tomorrow so I suggested he and his father go to where we bought it and see if there is anything that can be done to remedy this without costing mama more money.
"But mom, we need the receipt. I don't suppose you have the receipt from Christmas do you?"
Mom has never been one to keep papers and receipts, until recently.
"Could it be in that box you have in the bedroom where you put papers mom?? You know...the one the cat sits on to look out the window??"
*big smile*
That's my boy!!
There it was tucked neatly under Christmas receipts. While it wasn't a hugely top of the line raquet, it wasn't plain jane either. $70 is $70.
Here's hoping the store will help a girl out.

2 comments:
You will HAVE to tell us how it shakes down.
Been there done that with sports though! The day all my kids come home with nothing missing, broken, torn, dented, etc - will be a freakin' miracle!
I should get one of those offices in a box - I have NO idea where my receipts are.
it's a good thing you kept the receipt! i hope they will let you exchange/refund it almost 3 months later?
Post a Comment