Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2015

Snowy Saturday


After my quiet coffee this morning, I whipped up a batch of banana muffins. Something about the smell of home made baking or cooking that makes me feel productive and domestic. The kids were still sleeping so I puttered about quietly up here until the house woke up.

It was a great day for starting that never tackled 'to do' list for the house. I altered between visible things and invisible. Visible meaning anyone visiting would notice, like dusting or cleaning the toilet or a load of laundry. Invisible meaning things that I know no one would probably notice but me (or my mother)...the pen drawer, the spice cupboard, my purse.

I hit the liquor store for the very short list of things for the holiday season - a bit of wine, some Baileys, some mudslides and a couple of wine gifts for DD's parents. I made sure to use up the last of two gift cards I had received for that store in June of last year.  For those outside of Canada, alcohol is super expensive up here compared to our US neighbours.

My splurge for the day was Murphy's Oil Soap ($4.99). As I cleaned out  each cupboard, the oak gets a good scrubbing with that to remove a bit of grease and make it look healthy again. That's been on my to do list for at least a couple years.

I made a promise to myself that I would drink a boatload of water every day. Safe to do since I am at home much more and can make it to the bathroom if colitis rears her b*tchy head.

It was nice to have some baking ready when my nephew stopped by to return a crock pot, and I could feed him something fresh out of the oven.

DD's family came into town for the hockey game. We went for supper before hand (man I wish my house were bigger) and headed off to the game. I used my husband's season ticket and the kids used some passes I got from a board member a couple months ago, so that was free.  It was fun to see DS visiting with other former team members and team fans.


DS2 sent me a couple pics from his trip. They went to the Juan de Fuca Strait early this morning to watch the sunrise and the waves coming in. They also headed to the forest to see the Redwoods.




4 comments:

Jane said...

The invisible can wait lol! I bought some Bailey's too - like to have that in my coffee over Christmas - a nice treat once a year.

Saskatchewan Savings said...

Beautiful photos - those trees are huge! I hope you treated yourself to a glass of wine or Bailey's after all that scrubbing today, definitely deserving :)

its me, sam said...

I bought Bailey's too! Love having it on my coffee or hot chocolate in the winter! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

Jolie said...

Definitely a Baileys morning tomorrow morning.