I knew when I woke up, things weren't right. I woke yesterday with a plugged ear and things felt off all day. During the night I woke up several times feeling bed spins dizzy. I hoped it would be gone before alarm, but no such luck.
I got up and showered because sometimes that just resets the balance when I am not feeling well. Nope.
So off I went to work, fingers crossed I could get a sub. It was still early, before 8, so hopefully there were subs available. This is my first sick day in my new building. We are fortunate to not have to call our own subs.
I after a few quick texts, I found someone to take my new supervision. That is our responsibility to find. I started gathering things, just in case a sub was found and to my surprise, one was there by 8:45. I spent an hour total, getting things ready for the sub and then home I went.
Sleep, and nap, tea and home made turkey soup. I managed a couple loads of laundry and overcame my "I should be DOING something' by writing out my list of things I need to do before the boys come home next Thurs night.
I am very grateful for sick days. I don't use them often, but I appreciate they are there for days like this.
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago
5 comments:
Hope your sick day helped and you're feeling better today. HUGS! xx
Sometimes things work out! Glad you were able to get a sub so quickly. I remember the days when we were on the hook for finding someone to cover a sick day - thankful that changed. Who wants to be calling people when they're feeling sick?! Hope you're back to feeling better!
Hope you're feeling better now!
Take care of yourself. Sick days are important to take, even when not physically sick and you're in need of a psychological day of relief.
Thanks everyone. It definitely made the rest of the week easier, and the weekend roadtrip with the curling team.
Post a Comment