Snowflakes make me feel powerful. They make me feel in control. Pretty awesome given how infinitesimal each little flake can be. Snowflakes remind me not to fritter away the little bits, or the bigger ones. Snowflakes remind me I have the power create change.
This year was a big year for flakes. The biggest of them all thus far, honestly. $8064
Remember this is not all NEW money. Some was in my regular budget and repurposed.
Where did my flakes come from? Well $642 came from the change I rolled this past year. Some of it came from my income tax return, combined with the extra I got for being able to claim some of DS1's college. So $2000 came from income tax return. $1200 of it came from a long awaited backpay when we finally signed a contract after close to two years without one.
The remaining snowflakes came to $4222. I honestly can't list offhand all the sources for that. Some was returning bottles and cans. Some was skimming leftover money from my weekly budget to reallocate towards goals or debt.
In
2014 the snowflakes were $3112
In
2013 the snowflakes were $3671
In
2012 the snowflakes were $3136
In
2011 the snowflakes were $4350
In
2010 the snowflakes were $5070
In
2009 the snowflakes were $4295
Ah the power of something so fragile.
6 comments:
Reading this has encouraged me to make use of snowflakes this year too. In the past I would silently admire those who disciplined themselves to whittle away at a debt or add to a savings account, yet I never disciplined myself to follow their examples. It's time to do so.
I am so excited for you librarylady! It's an exciting way to make money you already have, or little bits than come your way, work for you.
I tend to lose sight of it. Snowflakes do add up. It is difficult though in a month where I need $5,000.
Terrific job. The ta return (if we get anything) is already snapped up in regular savings, but I like the idea of figuring out where little sources can be redirected.Of course, that means we have to cut the unexpected extra pending to get anywhere with the snowflakes-that's the hard partt.
I'm with librarylady. This post has reignited my desire to snowflake - to the point, actually, that I labelled envelopes yesterday so that I have cash for 'things' (rather than using my debit card, which is the way I do things 99% of the time) and, from that, change. I'll have to pick up some bags for coins at the bank - they weigh bags of coins here, rather than rolling them - I know, weirdos! - but the amounts are larger, and I'm used to it now. I think I will save my snowflakes for a long weekend at a Christmas market this year. I really want to visit Nuremburg or Prague or Cologne. Looking forward to see what your rolling gets you this year! xx
O_O; That's not a snowflake anymore Jolie... That's a freaking boulder/avalanche! :D
Post a Comment