Pages

Monday, December 28, 2015

A year of change

I continue to believe in the power of change...the rattling money kind, that is.

(I seem to be typing this with one hand, as my maine coone cat insists this is her snuggle time)

It goes in a jar and once a month I count it, and roll it, if there enough of any kind. Then off to the bank I go and put it towards debt, or a savings goal.

Last year my total rolled change was $512.

Not bad for a year of rolling. Not my highest amount either though. Just shows how much I use cash, and if I keep, or spend, the change.

This year, it felt like a lot of months didn't have enough to roll.

January - $0
February - $80
March - $0
April - $100
May - $20
June - $85
July - $92
August - $150
September - $0
October - $0
November - $30
December - $85

So the grand total for the year is $642

More than I thought, actually.

This money generally went to mini goals or debt repayment.

I haven't yet decided if I will put all my change towards a specific goal, or just allocate it month by month, because sh&t happens.

In theory, I COULD decide that the change goes towards "Back to School" as it would get me at least halfway towards that goal by August 1.  Hmmm something to think about.

2 comments:

Saskatchewan Savings said...

I love these and the snowflake updates - your 2015 totals are so impressive! How ever you choose to allocate the money is definitely a bonus since it's un-budgeted. :)

The Asian Pear said...

I'm always so impressed by your change of snowflakes! That's a lot of change saved up. :)