This was a really wonky year for money. Debt was at the forefront. More specifically, college money x 2 children.
The debt numbers for this year really only reflect the mortgage.
December 2009 - $70 771.99
December 2010 - $52 410.25 (down $18 361.74)
December 2011 - $40 055.29 (down $12 354.96)
December 2012 - $35 921.04 (down $4 134.25)
December 2013 - $25 925.49 (down $9 995.55)
December 2014 - $22 494.06 (down $3431.43)
December 2015 - $18 837.12 (down $3656.94)
The rest of the debt for my world is the college LOC which has been up and down and up and down. I know where it is at, but I would have to do math to find out exactly how much I added and how much I paid off. It is going to continue to be in flux for at least 2.5 more years.
I have to say that this is the first year that the weight of debt and impending expenses have weighed on my like it did back prior to July 2008 when I started this blog. The tailspin of the Canadian vs US dollar certainly is a big factor. Adding a second child to college didn't help.
I have 2.5 years left of DS1's time in College and 1.5 of DS2's course. Not sure if DS2 will take classes after that.
I suspect that I will just have to work to survive this time and regroup when it's all over. Neither can apply as a single independent until they have been out of High School for four years. Apparently DH and I make too much money for them to qualify for anything now.
Like Dory, I will have to just keep swimming, just keep swimming, and hope the boys appreciate this when it's all over.
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago
2 comments:
I think all the college years look like that. Mine have to work a little for part of their living expenses. We have 2 batches of it though. My oldest is looking like he wants to go back to college, so within a year, I will have 2 in college. Then in 6 years, I will have another 2 in college. I am just hoping we make it out alive! LOL We make too much to qualify for anything either.
Hang in there. The Canadian dollar isn't too hot right now but hopefully in a year or so, it'll bounce back up.
Post a Comment