Pages

Thursday, September 15, 2011

seriously? brrrrrrrr

Ok last week we broke heat records from the 1880s with our 35 C in September in Northern SK. Classrooms were stifling and the poor kidlets were just wiped out from the temps. We were moving a classroom and all that lifting and packing was sweat building to be sure. At night, with no AC, we had all the windows open, hoping for a breeze. Windows and blinds were closed all day long.

This week it went below zero.  I am wearing a jacket. I had to scrape FROST off my car windows!!!! I don't even know where my scraper is.

Gotta love the prairies LOL

9 comments:

Jessie said...

Oh My!!

It's been getting colder in AB too - but we haven't had frost where i am yet

Sharon said...

It's going to be in the low 60's here this weekend after 90's during the week. I'm looking forward to it! Crazy weather, right?

Jennifer said...

WOW! What a difference! I could not even imagine it changing that quickly.

Poor things - I am not sure how I would handle that heat without A.C. We have almost 5 months straight of those temps lately, it is coming in at 40.5 or higher every day.

Can I come visit?

Anonymous said...

When in need of a scraper but none can be found, a credit card will scrape frost off the window. Now there's a safe use for credit cards, LOL!
MM

Anonymous said...

Lol, I hear ya! We were smoking hot a little while ago too, and we're quite chilly in the evenings now (In mid-AB). I haven't had to deal with frost quite yet *fingers crossed*

its me, sam said...

Jolie, that cold is blowing this way!( But not quite that cold). A nice reminder that Winter is on it's way!

Jane said...

Our weather has been going from one extreme to the other too but not as extreme as SK!! I cried a little inside as I put gloves, scarf and jacket on this morning (after sitting outside Starbucks yesterday in my shirt sleeves.) Please don't let this be winter already! I heard Thunderbay had snow this morning!!!

The Witch said...

OK scrapping frost off the windshield is just tooooooooooo scary for me. Yes I love Halloween but not Winter conditions yet.
Tonight it is 76 degrees in Sept.
I just happened to pick the best three weeks vacation ever.
Stay warm and cuddle closely under a campfire with s'moores. Sounds better already.

~Carla~ said...

It's cooling down here too... Kinda glad though cause my allergies have been hellish! So I'm waiting for the 1st killing frost!