Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Reaping the rewards for Planned Spending

I have to admit that the $40 I tuck each week into my entertainment jar isn't always used for entertainment. More often than not, it gets sucked into the grocery budget and gets used for ordering pizza. So when school started this fall I had a plan and a purpose and low and behold, the money started growing in the jar.

Amazing what happens when you have a purpose and focus!!

What am I saving for?

The boys and I are off to the Blackhawks vs Oilers exhibition game. The tickets were long ago bought and even the non hockey kid is looking forward to the energy and experience of a live game. It will be my first NHL game.

Now we can enjoy a ridiculously priced drink or snack without it cutting into my budget. I'd bring in something but they frisk and check at the gate apparently. They did at the Jays game too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh! So jealous! I love watching games at the arena! Have fun :)

Girl Makes Cents said...

That's so exciting. I wasn't a hockey fan until I went to my first NHL game in grade 9. Now I love to watch games.

Jane said...

Sounds like fun! I saw a couple of Montreal Canadiens games about 30 years ago (hoo boy I'm old)back when Guy Lafleur etc were still playing - I'll never forget the excitement in the old Forum when they beat L.A. 11 to 3!! And then the next night they beat the Penguins 6 - 2! See how good my memory is for important (to me) things??

SeenonFlickr said...

Sometimes you can bring in snacks like carrot sticks or fruit as long as it is in soft-sided containers e.g. not tupperware.

Call and ask! (Outside drinks, though, are not allowed in most places. I always bring an empty plastic water bottle and fill up in the bathroom or at the water fountain.)