Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

Friday This n that

Well my first full week of holidays has come to an end and I think I have finally stopped vibrating and can allow myself to relax. It takes awhile to 'come down' from that last 6 week push of school.

It was a quiet week. DS1 went to the gym every morning and went fishing with a couple friends yesterday afternoon. He had soccer a couple times in the evenings.

DS2 had fun vegging out and  hanging with some friends.

I didn't accomplish much but managed to accumulate lots of down time and laziness. I need to plan out some gentle to do lists so I at least get a few things done.

The boys and their father leave this afternoon for a weekend at the lake. They will join up with my parents, my sister and her husband, and whatever of her kids are around. There will be lots of good food, laughs, campfires, fishing, boating and tubing. I need to remember to send along a little bit of cash to give my brother in law. Boat gas isn't cheap and I want them to know I appreciate the experiences they are giving the boys.

DS2 has been asked to apply to be a Service Scouter. If accepted he will be gone the month of August to work at a scout camp about 3 hours north of here. He's really excited about it. Mother, however, isn't sure how she feels about losing her baby for four weeks (plus the week before when he goes to bible camp). Letting go is hard.

I did purchase a  sectional couch as I mentioned last week but that's a whole other story for a different day.

Husband said "man July and August are going to cost a lot of money" meaning all the summer activities the boys do, back to school costs and signing up for their fall sports/music. I wanted to say "why the h*ll do you think I get stressed and very broke this time every year!!", but I did not. I merely said "yes, I know. We should sit down and plan some of this out" He nodded but he will never actually sit down to go over such things. He is rather an ostrich in the sand on such matters.

Happy Friday All.

3 comments:

KerryC said...

Hey! I've been folowing your blog for a couple of months, and I love to read how other Gail Lovers are doing their finances. Seriously, Gail is my hero!

I was wondering if you have a post about how you and your partner share finances? I love to learn from other couples.

Jolie said...

Hi Kerry and thanks for hanging out in my little corner of the blog o sphere. Gail is mine as well! Changed my life.

I'm not sure husband and I are any kind of role model to follow. LOL It's less than harmonious. I will peek and see if I have posted the breakdown before. I honestly can't remember.

Maureen said...

Another Ostrich,s Wife here is,nt it frustrating ???

I agree about giving your BIL some fuel money, he is giving your Sons a great vacation.