Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Canada Day Plans

First off Happy Canada Day to all my fellow Canadian readers out there.

We have lovely weather here today. It got up to 29C yesterday and that is wayyyy too hot for this girl.  Today is a far more respectable 20C High and that sounds fantastic.

My boys and their father and getting ready to head out for their first ever all boys fishing trip. Mine  are excited about that. They are going wayyyy up north to the Churchill River. My boys haven't been there before but their father was, years ago. It should be a good time for them. The truck is packed brim full and they are heading out as soon as DS1 is done with his trainer.

So that leaves lil ole me, all alone for FOUR Days! How exciting. This is the the time of year when I am absolutely exhausted from work and the idea of just being able to puter about on my own: to relax, to clean a bit and to read lotssssss.

So to that end, I went to the library yesterday to get some light 'no thinking' reading for the first days of summer. I went there knowing there was DEBT over my shoulder. DS1 and I had fines from sometime in March I think. Relatively hefly ones. We just didn't get those books back. So there went $15 of our household money to pay off our joint debt. It was good to get it gone. It had been looming in the back of my mind for quite sometime. I picked up some light reading and helped them pack up to go.

I am going to go over to my mom and dad's for a bbq tonight. Can't have Canada Day without putting flame to something.

Enjoy and have a great day!!

3 comments:

its me, sam said...

Enjoy your 4 days off!

Maureen said...

That would be my idea of heaven 4 days to myself Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

The Asian Pear said...

Happy belated Canada Day to you too. Enjoy your vacation! :D