Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Where is your refund going???

Just nosy mostly LOL

In the past my refunds have mostly been frittered away to the land of 'no clue where it went'. While I have not yet done my taxes (waiting on one more form), I am 'assuming' there will be a refund of sorts.

For those of you who do get refunds, where will it go?

Debt?
Long Term Savings?
Preplanned Spending?
Mad money???

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm not sure yet... I've been going back and forth. I'm either going to apply it to my highest interest credit card or use it to fund my medical account which currently sits at $25 and I want it to sit at $500.

Jennifer said...

Yeah, I wish. We will paying out a little over $2,000. Ah, the bonus of bonuses.

IF, I did get a refund, I would probably use it on debt, boring I know, but we just started and are INTO it big time.

Girl Makes Cents said...

If I do get one (I really hope I do) it will be split between debt and travel fund. What about you?

Debt Free Girl said...

Mine is going toward debt. I will be able to wipe out one card completely and make a pretty good dent in the next one. . .
I love to be able to check things off a list!

Jessie said...

I'm getting $440 and so is Jordan (weird coincidence)....it's all going to our respective debts :)

juju said...

well, we got ours back already and put it in savings until we figured out what to do with it...this is what we came up with:
1) Pay off remaining credit card
2) Put $2000 towards our loan closing costs for our new house
3) Put about a $1000 towards small remodel projects on said new house
4) Put a $1000 towards our cruise vacation this fall.

I am happy we are able to do some fun things with it, keeps us sane when we see debt go down and we get to do fun things too!

Anonymous said...

Mine has already gone toward debt, moving expenses and new orthotics for my son.

Jolie said...

Thanks for all the replies. My refund will go solely towards the personal/consolidated loan. I ACHE to have this one done. I am hope my refund is enough to get the job done.

Jessica Fletcher-Fierro said...

Mine went straight into my evil credit card debt. It was so nice to get to make a large payment all at once. It made the one the next month feel puny. :/