Pages

Monday, March 8, 2010

A wee bit of shopping

 So I did go out yesterday and get a few groceries so I felt ready for the week ahead. I havent' ever done a grocery post so it makes me respect more those who do this on a regular basis. I wanted to do a picture but my kitchen was taken over by DS2 and his father working on his scout truck so that was out of luck.

I stopped at three different places and spent a total on $108.00. This doesn't include the pet food or the hair jel I got.


I bought
Meat - 1 large roast and 1 warehousepack of stewing beef.

Dairy
- 2 x 4L of milk
- 1- 8 pack of activia

Fruit and Veggies
- 1 bunch of bananas
- 2 medium pineapple
- 8 mac apples and 5 granny smith
- 1 bunch of celery
- 3 heads of lettuce
- 1 long english cucumber
- 1bunch of  broccoli
- 3 bell peppers
- 5 kiwi
- 2 lbs grapes
- 4 grapefruit
- 5 lbs of navel oranges
- 1 canteloupe
- 2.5 kg box of clementines

Misc
- family box of cheerios
- 2 frozen healthy choice steamer dinners
- 2 L apple juice
- 1 box almond granola bars
- 1 box of waffles

I think that's all.

2 comments:

The Asian Pear said...

Question! Does Activia really work?
It's a bit pricier than normal yogurt and I don't want to buy it if it's a gimmick yknow?

Jennifer said...

What a great trip! I am so excited to see someone else who focuses on fresh veggies and fruit! Happy, healthy eating!