As the last days of my break tick away, my to do list grows by leaps and bounds. And it's not just like I sat on my behind the whole time I was off. I guess all those little things and errands and such just keep growing while the chaos of work and kids goes on.
I took some time last night and sorted and de-capped my bottles, cans etc. It really does slow things down there when they are not presorted or a kajillion lids have to come off. Let me tell you I fair froze my hands and self in my wee lil non heated garage doing it and I can't even blame wind chill.
Off I went this morning hoping to avoid the rush of folks that tend to go this first week of January. The parking lot wasn't too bad, but it's rather amusing as people pull in and frantically get their bags out of their vehicles to beat the seventeen other folks doing the same darn thing. I admit I was one of them. How fortunate then it was that one of my garbage bags somehow developed a slit down the length of it. bottles everywhere! you have to laugh. You'll go insane if you don't.
They were surprisingly quick in there and I exited with $28.88 which can become snowflakes for the month. Gotta love it!
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
2 days ago

4 comments:
snow flakeing the bottle return money - love it!
Hi there! Thanks for your comment. I was able to make a few posts over the break because there was internet access at the places I stayed. Hope to be able to keep it up through 2010.
You guys get paid to recycle?? Nice!!! Good plan on snowflaking that extra money :)
Kim...we pay an enviro fee here upon purchase of cans/bottles etc. If we recycle we get a portion of that back. If we don't then that fee is gone to happy goverment land I guess. LOL
Post a Comment