Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Belated gift

Over the course of the holidays, I had forgotten the scratch and win lottery tickets I had received as gifts. I pretty much never buy lottery tickets, and never scratch and win ones.

Having nothing on my to do list for the morning, I curled up with my coffee and my tickets and made a fine mess of the little scratch shreddies.

I have to say it was a very productive session. I scratched my way to $44 of prizes. woo hoo.

Being the good little girl I am, I slipped down to the local gas station, cashed them in, and dutifully stuck them in my snowflake jar, to be deposited the next time I go to the bank.

It is frightening to think about how much money people spend every week or every month on lottery tickets. I guess the same could be said for drinks, coffee, magazines, cigarettes. Most people have (or had) at least one of those vices along the journey.

2 comments:

Girl Makes Cents said...

I agree! I bought one lottery ticket in my life, the day I turned 18. I didn't win and never bought another one.

jpkittie said...

Wow! Good for you!!!!