Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

My New Year's Eve

It was a lovely N Y Eve in the Moneytree household. After a trip to the gym, the boys got haircuts and then we had lunch. Then DS1 and I went to Staples. I had a coupon for $45 (from my dividends purchases) that expired and I so we wandered about seeing what we could buy. It wasn't enough for good stuff like toner or elecrtronics so we decided to see how far we could stretch it. DS1 needed more mechanical pencils for school and a couple pens. DS2 needed a new hand pencil sharpener. These t hings disappear like magician's assistants, man. I got a great deal of Christmas letter paper (you know the kind you write how your year went and send those letters to your cousins you never see anymore).

Remembering my need to encourage myself to go to the gym more, I got some lovely stickers to plop on my calendar when I go....lil shimmery happy face ones. I do love my stickers. Some white out and index cards and a big set of colourful whiteboard markers for my classroom finished off our shopping spree.

By that time it was time to head over to my mom and dad's for supper. They were ordering Chinese food and who am I to say no to companionship and free food. The Chinese food has been a long tradition for us, back to when my Grandparents were alive and we would go over there to share it. It was delicious.

We finished eating with perfect timing! The World JR hockey Canada VS US game was on so we all snuggled in to watch that. Ok DS2 watched something else downstairs as he really has no interest in hockey. It was a great game and though we were massively outplayed, we won in a Shootout.

Home through the cold to curl up and watch some Corner Gas together. I was lucky enough to find my best friend online (who lives 7 hours away) and we had a wonderful chat and rang in the New Year together.

Happy New Year Everyone!!

4 comments:

SavingDiva said...

I love the sticker idea! I might have to look into getting a few for my planner!

Jessie said...

It sounds like a lovey new yeas!

Kim: said...

Sounds like a low-key but enjoyable New Years!

Thanks for reminding me about the stickers, I need to pick up some new ones to get me re-motivated!

Girl Makes Cents said...

I love the sticker idea too!! I have a slight obsession with stickers...I once dropped $70 at the Sandylion Sticker Warehouse, oops! Amazing deals. I might steal that happy face means I went to the gym idea!