Pages

Friday, January 1, 2010

My Goals for 2010


Financial Goals

a) Boost Emergency Fund to $2000
It's currently at $1200 so that means $800 for the year. I am making a regular $50 contribution to this, which means that would put me at $1800 by end of December 2010. A balance of $200 would have to be snowflaked in.

b) RRSP 2010 of $1500
I managed to save $1000 this past year for my first RRSP, so this year I will strive for 1/3 more. That means a contribution of $125 a month, which I believe I can maintain.

c) Xmas 2010 $1000
Ok I went over this amount this past year, but I will strive to do better this year. In theory I need $85 a month, but since my Summer 2010 is already maxed out, I can put both those amounts towards Xmas until it's time to start saving for Summer 2011.

d) Summer 2011 of $1000
I will start this one when I have Christmas 2010 is full.

e) Pay off Consolidated Loan
I am unbelievably excited about this one. As it stands right now, I will have it paid off in September 2010 at the latest.

f) Pay $1500 extra on my Vehicle Loan
This one won't start until I get the consolidated loan finished. It's a guess on how much I THINK I could do. I will be excited to see this loan grow smaller. Thank god I finally learned to put money towards paying loans down earlier.

Personal Goals

a) Go to the gym at least 101 times this year.
I know, seems like an odd number. But last year I went a sad 32 times and the year before that was 100 times...so I wanted to one up the more successful year. Even so that is on average less than 3 times a week.....all year long. THAT is the key silly Jolie..........all.............year........................long. hehe

b) Read 50 books
I read a lot. Lots of times it is re-reading books I have read before. Those won't count. I will try to limit my 'one step up from harlequin' smut habit and expand on my professional reading and reading the novels my students should be reading, so I have a better grasp on what they read and like.

c) Try 25 new recipes
I am so bad at sticking to tried and true and when one is searching for healthier low fat choices, new recipes are a must.

d) Cook more with my children
They need to be more involved in meal prep so they can better appreciate the meals, the work that goes into them, and it's about darn time they learn to cook.

e) Lose 40 lbs.
That's less than a pound a week. No worries, I have plenty of pounds on my body so this isn't a (pardon the pun) HUGE challenge.

Those are my plans. Ideally, I'd love to update these once a month to make it more current, but we shall see. NY Day is full of all kinds of optimism LOL

4 comments:

Northern Living Allowance said...

These are great! Not too overwhelming and reasonable financial goals, too. I have to remember baby steps and that they still get me where I want to be, just a little slower. :)

I look forward to seeing you check each one off! Happy New Year!

The Asian Pear said...

those are great goals. you can do it! just remember to set up a plan of how to acheive them.

Jolie said...

Thanks ladies. I guess I have burned myself too often with 'resolutions' that were far too easy to break. Makes me cringe now when I see ppl with 'i will such and such every single day'. chit happens and one day missed, and I would feel like a failure

Sharon said...

Now that they are in writing, seems doable! Thanks for sharing, I'll look forward to following you succeeding in all of them! :)