As of July 1st
Debts
Mortgage - $39,084.59
Consolidated Loan - $9429.05
Vehicle Loan - $29,661.30
Total Debt - $77,940.27
Savings
Christmas Savings - $1000
Emergency Fund - $1000
Ok so my Savings is down as I used the $2500 downpayment for..........well...a downpayment LOL
My debt is up with the addition of the new vehicle.
I did manage to get my personal /consolidated loan down under $10,000. wheeeee
The mortgage.......man that sucker only goes down by less than $200 a month, if that. And with property taxes being added on NO wonder this debt doesn't seem to shrink at all. Sigh. I wish I had more $ to add a lump sum to that bad boy and get IT down, but the other loans come first.
Tuesday, Nice weekend!
1 day ago
6 comments:
I haven't followed your blog for very long - but have you ever looked at getting a second job to help pay down the debt?
During the school year there honestly isn't time between work and and my boys' committments out of school. We get precious little family time as it is.
It would be a possibility during the summer for three or so weeks but that is only more realistic this summer, now that my boys are old enough to be at home alone for longer periods of time. The rest of my summer is a week of 'vacation', a week of away time with my son at his training camp and the rest is devoted to the continually overwhelming changes in curriculum.
I've done well the past year in reducing debt and want to see how this progresses after another year of this budget and working off the 'jars'.
Weren't you our in SK? (Forgive me if I am mistaken) If so, I hear property tax is a HUGE budget breaker out there!!!
But from $82K to now $77K - that is great progress!! AND that includes your mortgage! :)
With my mortgage AND consumer debt, I am looking at: $102,000
*cries*
:D
You're correct Frugal. *waves her sheaves of wheat from SK* lol
"Weren't you OUR in??"
What the heck was I trying to say there!? lol. I am glad you could figure it out ;)
LOL that's ok. I knew you meant OUT.
Post a Comment