Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Heading to a trigger spot





We all have our triggers...for some of us it's purses....clothing...make up....perfume....electronics...power tools.

Mine is books :-)
Ok this will totally ID me as a 'non city' girl but, tomorrow I'm leaving for 'the city' to pick up my brother in law at the airport. I haven't been out of town for months. Starting to make me stir crazy. The boys are both coming with me and we're hitting the bookstore. Both boths are reader's thank goodness, though the older one is a little more particular in his choices. I've promised them each they could use their allowance they've saved up for a book or two each. They only buy the ones they are truly passionate about. The rest they get from the library.

See, me and books, we have this long illicit love affair. I love reading. I could do it for hours. Now my reading choices are not always high quality but they are not harlequin romance either :-) I seriously have spent thou$and$ over my adult life on books. I am slowly weeding them out. Garage sale. Giving them to the hospital or library. I actually have all the books I currently own on one bookshelf now. Probably 200ish. That's a far cry from the closet filled with boxes of books. That closet, I just cleaned on the weekend, and has ROOM in it now.

So I am going to have to limit what I will let myself buy. Either X $ or 2 books methinks. I will have to do some online exploring tonight to see what is new from my favourite authors.
Here's to a NON meltdown :-)

2 comments:

Northern Living Allowance said...

I can totally relate. I work at a library and STILL can't stay out of bookstores (although I'm surprising myself no end by actually NOT feeling like I have to buy something these days, so something is working...). My weakness these days is Amazon. I love it...so cheap, so quick, so direct...

Tammy said...

I love books too. I am reading something all the time. I will read product labels and cereal boxes if there is nothing around to read! What a good girl you are to wean your books down to one shelf! I should take a page out of your book (pun intended) and do that myself. I keep saying that I will let somebody else enjoy them. I'm curious, what authors do you enjoy? I'm always looking for a good read!