Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Driving myself squirrely

It seems all I have done this summer is do and redo the numbers as I try to figure out the best way to get my RRSP goal done before Christmas. I play different number columns over and over and I'm driving myself crazy.

I have hit the point where I begrudge the money flying out for groceries, gas and expenses. I am getting miserly with 'fun' money and as a result I think my boys are having a very dull summer. Then I feel guilty for not being a better mother and giving them more of the experiences they love to do.

and around it goes.

I can't say as I am enjoying these feelings. Makes one anxious, depressed and fretful.

3 comments:

Jessie said...

Finding balance - so hard to do!! It sounds like you've got it doubly difficult having kids as well!!

RTC said...

I agree with Jessie, finding balance is difficult. Don't feel guilty about spending a little fun money. You have been doing a great job on budgeting. You can find the right balance for you and your family.

Revanche said...

A bit of perspective from the other side: my parents took us to work with them every day of summer that we weren't enrolled in free summer school, and we were allowed to go check out books for the week from the library. That was it.

We didn't have money to spare for fun, certainly none for vacations, so we sibs got creative and played in the spaces we had, read a lot, and got extra tutoring when Mom had time to spare from the million things she had to do around the business.

Kids are resourceful and resilient when they have to be, don't feel too guilty. Being a good mother has everything to do with loving your kids, and I'm sure you do that plenty.