Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2009

a benefit of Credit card rewards

With 'almost' 100% carefully planning and pay off (just one glitz in June), I have seen my AirMiles rewards zooming up. I usually ran around 20 miles a month, which was hardly worth it. I was excited earlier this spring with 50ish. I checked this morning though and for the past month, I earned 122 miles. Granted that shows how much went on the MC, but still :-)

Aside from Shopper's Drug Mart Optimum card, the MC airmiles is the only reward card I use.

Even better was that Bank of Montreal nixed the $35 fee for the card. I saw it go on my statement and then about 4 days later, a $35 credit refund applied.

1 comment:

The Asian Pear said...

i like using my credit card for everything. i always pay it off of course. have you heard of Citibank's 1% cashback? it gives you a cheque back every year. a FULL 1% cashback of all your purchases (up to $250).