I have to admit I was laughing my head off as there was SO much money left, however......Week 1 in no way reflects a regular week in my world.
- I am on holidays from work
- The boys are not at school
- The boys were not running about from one activity to another
- It's been -40 out so driving was minimal
- We've eaten meals at my mom's or my sister's several times
- It's the first week of a new plan = honeymoon!
So was there money left? oh yes. I used some of my gas money, most of my grocery money and a teeny bit of the dining out money. Nothing was touched in household or in my personal spending.
The true reflection of my success with the jars will come about at the end of January when I have gone a full month. I generally tend to lose steam towards the end of the month and attention to details and categories becomes blurred.
I went once for grocery shopping and forgot to get the money out of the jars. I laughed so hard. When I went again later, I was unsure whether to take the whole amount so I'd have enough, or just part etc. It certainly makes me look more at what I am buying.
I have not yet decided if I will keep some of each money with me in my wallet or if it is safe for me to leave things at home. I have $20 from last month tucked into my wallet as a Just in case for true emergencies.
It will be interesting to see how all this pans out when I am back in the swing of things with work and activities.
2 comments:
Money left = Always a good thing.
It's meant to balance out the month anyway, but I tend to budget based on a zero-budget for the entire month rather than week by week..
Love the blog! Am adding you to my reader. Came through Canadian Saver :)
Fabulously Broke in the City
Just a girl trying to find a balance between being a Shopaholic and a Saver...
Aww thanks. So Glad you stopped by!
Post a Comment