Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2009

The night before school starts

I' m curled up here at school taking a break from planning, not quite able to believe the holidays are over and we are back in action tomorrow morning. I've been quite spoiled staying up later and sleeping in but that's all history now. It wouldn't be quite so bad if it weren't forty plus below (-49C this morning counting wind chill) and dark in the morning when we leave and dark when we come home. The first week will be hard going, getting back into routine, for both the boys and I.

My van wouldn't start this morning so I had to nurse and coddle it and didn't get here to the school until almost three. I did manage to get some laundry done at home and sorted away the last of my 'please file these bills'.

I have to admit I'm nervous about being back out and about in public as with being out, means the potential to spend money...justified or uncontrolled. I want so badly to do this right, this year.

Mom called and reminded me that a couple years ago I had stored some rolled coins at her place. She found them in a spare closet while putting the Christmas items away. Those will go off to the bank on my lunch hour tomorrow and go straight to Mr. Mastercard. It IS conceivable, that I could have this paid off by the end of Feb instead of the end of April as originally thought. That prospect excites me a great deal as I can then snowball that amount over to my Bank of Mom and pay that off two months after the MC is clear. That would be very good news indeed as I could then reconfigure the budget to give some back to the emergency fund and the rest would go to paying lump sums off on my personal loan. I can't wait to see that one start to drop down more than the regular amount each week.

The husband is at home right now working on the bathroom. I hope when we open up the walls, we haven't opened up a whole can of worms and find one thing after another wrong. Hopefully this is easily fixed and he can accomplish a lot on his last day off tomorrow. I hate being out of a bathroom and trucking the boys over to mom's. I don't hold my breath too much though as he works quite slowly.

ok back to prepping for the kidlets tomorrow.

No comments: