Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2009

When it rains, it pours...literally

I knew I had been too positive :-)

We redid our bathroom in February of 2008. We did it ourselves and with my father's help. Tonight a chunk of the wall caved in a bit. We opened up some baseboard and there is black mold behind it so obviously we have a leak in there somewhere. The leak itself is probably easy to fix. It is the damage getting TO it and repairing it after that will take time and cost $.

Thank god for the husband's windfall. He can pick up the tab on this and perhaps hire someone to get it fixed fast and properly. I am still paying off all the renos from before.

I just hope it's confined to relatively small area.

man!! my pretty new bathroom :(

This just reinforces that I need to do EVERTHING I can to get my Mastercard paid off, pay off my Bank of Mom loan and put every spare penny I can down on my consolidated loan. While I am not trying to jinx myself, my washer and dryer are 14 years old...my van is slowly breaking down...and our primary TV is 18 years old this June.

*insert dramatic, ominous music here*

2 comments:

RTC said...

I'm sorry about the bathroom problem, Jolie. I hope it can be fixed quickly.

Jolie said...

Thanks RTC. Me too! We only have one full bath in the house and then a wee half downstairs. Means dragging the kids to mom's to shower.