Pages

Sunday, January 11, 2009

online payment vs brick and mortar

I made two different payments to my Mastercard this week. The first was by going in person to the bank and depositing some rolled change and some snowflake. The second was done when I made a $75 payment towards it online. Both dealt with the same banking institution.

The face to face deposit changed the balance of the MC immediately. I checked online as soon as I got back to work. The other, done early Friday morning, never did officially make it through to MC to change it yet.

I get that paying a bill online on weekend won't change it until weekday banking hours, but one on a Friday morning??

Not a big deal. Just something of interest I noted. If I were in a crunch and needed it to come off immediately, I'd have to go in person to the bank. Sadly, its hours are the same as my working hours, except for Fridays, so the only time I could go is if I had a free noon, or Friday after school.

Since starting with cash not debit since Christmas, I sure have been at the brick and mortar a lot more LOL

I will have to go tomorrow, to get the cash for my weeks' jars. Taking it out of the machine isn't quite as good as the machine only gives out $20s and I need 10s and a few 5s the way I have things divided.

I am finding I am spending WAY less by not using my debit card. I need to document a lil better though as I forgot to write a few things down this week. I am plan to put everything left from my grocery budget this month towards my Credit card or my Bank of Mom loan.

2 comments:

RTC said...

Jolie,
The progress showing on your sidebars is great! Keep up the good work!
Did you get your bathroom fixed?

Jolie said...

It's exciting and rather addictive to pay off debt. The bathroom has the gyprock/sheetrock up and is currently being mudded and sanded at the seams. After that it is priming and painting, putting up the surround and then attaching the fixtures. Your renos went much faster LOL