Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Gym Math

So I dragged my hiney off to the gym tonight for the first time since November. I waited to see my log in # and I was at 101. That means that during the whole of 2008, I went to the gym 100 times. Pretty neat how it worked out so evenly.

So 100 times divided by 52 weeks = 1.9 time per week. I was shooting for 3x a week.

( I went very faithfully from January to May then things fell apart)

The cost for the gym is $48/month which equals $576 for the year. (yes it sounds really really scary when one does the math that way.)

That means that each of those visits cost me $5.76.

Well that's less than a value meal at McDonalds but still pretty high. I started 2008 all gung ho and finished in a fizzle.

Here's hoping that 2009 brings me more visits for fewer $$ per visit!

3 comments:

jpkittie said...

just think about the money & you will go!!! lol start by saying to yourself how much it is by each visit - visit one of the year is the full amount... visit two is full amount/2 & so on --- it will help you to realize that you really need to go to reduce that number!!!

RTC said...

Good job going to the gym. I think its even harder when it so cold outside. I think that $6/ visit is OK, probably less that what you would pay for a one-time visit--at least you worked out!

Jerry said...

An external motivator (like money) is a good reason to lead you to the gym, as long as you make the trip worthwhile by working hard! As you get healthier and stronger, you can even think about the insurance co-pays you are saving by working out... =)
Jerry
www.leads4insurance.com