Pages

Monday, September 15, 2008

venting about spam snail mail

I know..I could just shred them and forget them, but I can't seem to let things like this home.

I mean how does a bank I've never heard of before get my address and what is the point of sending me spam snailmail? Peole must respond to them or they wouldnt bother to continue to send out.

So I phone the bank, long distance, in the province next door for a quick chat with their customer service rep. It took a bit to figure out that their spam mail comes from Maryland, which is a heck of a long way from the prairies of Canada. They get names from a list bought from magazine subscription companies.

Incredibly annoying and what a waste of trees. Supposedly, I am off the list, which will require 6 to 8 weeks to get me out of their system.

One snail mail spam down, dozens to go :-)

No comments: