Pages

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Pay Day

Part of me wishes on pay day we could get the actual cheque, as they did not so far away in the past. At least then one could feel and touch and hold that cash before it goes into the land of electronic existence.

The best I could do was check my online account and see it there for a bit before I start parcelling it out to the various agencies in my life.

I had written out my plan of attack last night, even then, not totally sure of the amount of my cheque. I have maxed out on a couple of the gov't required deductions so from now until the end of the calendar year, that is bonus money..."merit pay" as the inside joke goes. Also, we have a 4% raise in effect but to figure out the actual 'take home' difference is hard as often it bumps you up into a higher rate of deductions. In January I'll know LOL Things are normal then until the end of June.

So I visited the bank and took out my spending money for the month to dutifully put in the envelopes at home. I paid my satellite bill and the VISA, which does not carry a balance...paid off in full each month (I use it for groceries, to get the reward points).

In the next couple of days I will pay Mastercard, utilities, consolidated loan, phone and cell etc.

Every play solitare online and win....remember the dancing of the cards once you win? Wouldn't it be great if we could have our money do that....just for a few moments...when we get paid?

It would be fun at any rate.

Here's to another month and making the best choices I can.

No comments: