Pages

Monday, September 22, 2008

getting back on track

Monica: (Picking up a card from Chandler’s wallet.) My God! Is this a gym card?
Chandler: Oh yeah, gym member. I try to go four times a week, but I’ve missed the last 1200 times.
Ross: So why don’t you quit?
Chandler: You don’t think I’ve tried? You think I like having 50 dollars taken out of my bank account every month? No, they make you go all the way down there! Then they use all of these phrases and peppiness to try and confuse you! Then they bring out Maria.
Ross: Who is Maria?
Chandler: Oh Maria. You can’t say no to her, she’s like this lycra spandex covered gym…treat.




Last January I joined a circuit gym. I was a good little girl going every morning before work and sometimes after work or on Saturday. Then May came and I got sick and then it was the end of the school year and then summer came.......sigh

Each month like clockwork, $48 comes out of my account. It's a one year contract.

I really dont' mind going. The getting up in the morning bites but once I'm there, it's not that big of a deal and I'm glad I went. It is just a matter of making myself go.

So off I went this morning to make the most of my money. Lordy I hope I can keep it up. Moneywise I just hate watching money go out the window....and fitness wise, my body needs it very very badly.

I wonder how many people out there are like Chandler, and never ever go?

No comments: