Pages

Friday, September 5, 2008

September Goals

With a semblance of normalcy returning to our lives I am excited at the opportunity to get a firm grip on a functional budget that allows for living yet also allows for maximum debt repayment. The more I do this, the more I learn how much there IS to learn about finances. I want to make my goals realistic yet with enough push to me to grow and learn and save money.

  • Put every spare penny down on that Mastercard to get it as low as possible for October 1 statement.
  • Document expenditures in detail for the following categories: my allowance, groceries, household and dining out.
  • Investigate comparative costs for 10 most purchased grocery items to see where they should be purchased.
  • Change paycheck deductions to shift towards an RRSP deduction.
  • Preplan menus to allow for larger, more infrequent shopping trips and reduce impulse grocery buying.

No comments: