Pages

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Bank Of Mom

In Feb and in April of this year we did some horridly needed renovations in our home. The bathroom was gutted to the joists and redone with new drywall, tub and surround, ceramic tile, vanity etc. The living room had horrid carpet from the 70s removed and redid with laminate..walls painted etc. Everything was done spending the least possible with the nicest finishings we could afford.

My parents were kind enough to pick up a few things when they were in the city and mom did the 'don't worry about it right now' thing. The bills came to $1500 and are on the debt owing summary as "Bank of Mom". Over the years mom and dad have bought lots of little things for me and never wanted to be paid back.

It is important to me that this gets paid back. Sure I'd love a cash fairy to wave away my debts, but I think it is more important for me and my esteem and my financial responsibility to take care of this.

Today after about 2 months of gentle nagging to get those receipts I finally have them. We both knew what the total was and I had already started repaying things, but just having those in my hands makes this REAL this time instead of a 'don't worry about it' sort of feeling.

Yeah me!!

No comments: