Pages

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

January Change

January was a good month for change. I spent cash for groc / gas etc exclusively so there was a lot of change.

  • 1 roll toonies - $50
  • 1 roll loonies - $25
  • 2 rolls quarters - $20
  • 1 roll dimes - $5

Total of $100.

As previously planned, I am using my rolled change to put towards my $500 goal for Back to School. This gives me a total of $150 towards that goal.


As an aside, I have 2 rolls of nickels sitting in a drawer. Something in my OCD just refuses to take $104 to the bank. $100 makes me feel calmer.

Since we don't have pennies anymore and I don't have a current trip to the US planned, I suspect those nickels will stay nested until they have 3 friends and I have a more 'balanced' $10. 

Yup, I am weird.  

1 comment:

Jane said...

I'm kind of hoping they get rid of nickels next :)