Pages

Monday, January 2, 2017

Aspirations for 2017

I envisioned writing this post full of inspiration, optimism and perhaps a bit of Baileys.  Instead I am writing this hopped up on Vicks vapo rub, Nyquil and Neo citron.

There should be some sort of warning on one of those products saying "do not make resolutions while  under the influence of cold meds' :-)

I would like to blame DS2 for this massive head and chest cold, but he had flu, so unless this is some sort of weird hybrid, he is blameless in this.

I haven't done much the past two days besides vicks up, med up, and watch Star Trek TNG Season 1 (ok and 2) on Netflix.

My aspirations for 2017 are more for the living. Hoping for health. and happiness. and movement. and new experiences. or if not new, then meaningful experiences. I think this little picture sums it up perfectly.






So. the goals.

The money ones write themselves. They are the same ones I have had for the past few years. I have met these goals 95% of the time.


1) Summer 2017 - $1000
This lets me enjoy my time off, knowing there is money there for camping, and other things that may come my way
2) Back to School - $500
Just me...so this goes for my professional fees, some back to school clothes and maybe something for my classroom. This will come purely from my change jar. It will be interesting to see how long it takes me to meet this goal.
3) Christmas - $1500
So nice to have this money saved and not be terrified of Christmas bills
4) Vehicle Plates - $2200
This is for both the boys' vehicles.  For DS2, this should be the last time I have to do this. Once he is done school and working, this bill will be his, so in a couple years this won't be part of my planned spending. DS1 it should be the last time too. His renews in September 2017 and by 2018 he will be graduated college and ...........doing something. somewhere.  It will be really nice to reallocate this somewhere else in the future.



5) College LOC
ok I said last year that I wanted to get it under $10 000. and if I hadn't had to add to it for tuition bills, I would have met the goal.  So I guess I have two options:


a) save as much college $ as possible so I don't have to add to the LOC
or
b) add to it for tuition if that is the way things roll but but get it back down to under 13 where it currently is.

6) TFSA - $1000

7) RRSP - $1500





4 comments:

Out My window said...

Look at us we are still here and getting closer in spite of our kids:)

T'Pol said...

Hope you feel better soon Jolie! It must be exciting to see your boys grow up to become man and start shouldering their responsibilities. Wish them both the best of luck!

Jane said...

Hopefully your cold will be history by the time you return to school. I had a theory on this when I was teaching - it seemed that I would get sick on every holiday! I think we have the ability somehow to save up our sicknesses until we have time to deal with them. I often would get a migraine Friday night as if the whole week full of stress waited for me to relax before hitting me in the head. Glad I'm out of that cycle. Just relax this week and make it all about YOU!

Jolie said...

Out my Window - we sure are lol

Tpol - Thanks. It is interesting to watch and see what kind of young men they are becoming.

Jane - no such luck. People kept a wide distance from me lol