Pages

Sunday, January 1, 2017

365 days

Good morning everyone. I found this on the facebook page of one of my friends. She is someone who absolutely lives life to the fullest. I have no idea how she does it on her salary, as a single mom, with two kids, but she does it. 




I know January 1 is just a flip of a calendar. The same could be said of ... say..... November 1, but it doesn't spark that same fresh start like January 1 does.  It always has for me. 

I am glad for the reboot.

Below is a Christmas gift to myself. I found it on amazon for $12.99 and ordered it. Happily it arrived just in time for the new year. I looked at a lot of different books/journals like this. It's hard to tell just from online. I opted for this one as one of the reviews mentioned it as something to leave behind for your children.

I always struggled with journals as I thought, how can I be honest if one day, when I am gone, my kids will read this?   This one I can write and reflect with the express purpose of getting to know myself and allowing my kids, down the road, to perhaps get to know another side of me. I like that it is not a dated journal. I was never able to keep up with the 'diary' format, and then I would feel guilty at all those empty pages. This one I can fill it at random, anywhere through, at any time. Ideally, daily would be great, but there would be no glaring blank pages if I missed a day, or 12.


This time next year: 365 days of exploration - Cynthia Scher


It has self reflection prompts such as
  • what is your family heritage? Do you feel an affinity to it?
  • What is one thing you really love to do? When did you last do it? If it's been awhile, why?
Here is a pic I took of one of the pages



I like the novel approach to getting to know myself better and to reflect a bit more.



2 comments:

Jane said...

Looks like we're all going to be journalling this year :) I think spending a few minutes reflecting on each day can only be helpful and satisfying. I love the journal you purchased!

Jolie said...

I hope your journaling goes well Jane. Mine is oddly NOT feeling like the traditional journals I have done. It's rather fun.