Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Productive Saturday

Yesterday was a very well used day.  I don't say that as often as I should. 

DH was up early and helping our neighbour with the fence. These were the neighbours that weren't quite ready to do a fence when we did our back and other side two years ago.  They are now. They are also in their late 60s so help was definitely appreciated.  When I got home in late afternoon it was almost done. Boy it looks different not being able to see in their yard. We lose a lot of that hot late afternoon and evening sun as well.

I did a few quick loads of laundry early yest morning and hung them on the line to dry. It was a hot, breezy day.

I spent the day at the school. Packing is on for real, as well as marking.  I found myself so distracted last week with what had to be packed, that it was really hard to focus on the kids...which is all kinds of wrong.

So yesterday I spent 8 hours at the school. Cranked the music. And set my timer. 30 minutes for packing. 30 minutes for marking. Lather rinse repeat.  I even went through the boxes I had already packed and did two things: purged one more time for things I really am never going to need again and ; redistributed things so the weight was more liftable.   I am now at 40 boxes.

I came home to do some more laundry and gather the things off my line.

My room still looks twirly and chaotic so I hope to get my hiney in there for a  couple hours today. But only a couple, because this afternoon, I become a happy mama.

No comments: