Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2015

If you listen closely.....

(quick post from school)

You can hear DS1's car making its way up from the corner of SK towards home!

He made his way through North Dakota yesterday to take advantage of those low gas prices as long as he could.

It's been six months since I have had both my boys under one roof at the same time.

I can't wait!!!

He requested sweet and sour meatballs for supper. It's supposed to be a high of 29C. I had better see if they will work in the crock pot - haven't tried this yet.

6 comments:

Saskatchewan Savings said...

Enjoy the time together!! There's nothing quite like a home cooked meal :)

its me, sam said...

So excited for you! I won't be seeing my baby girl until later Sept... Enjoy every moment with your boys!

SAM said...

I haven't had my two oldest at home together in 27 months, though they shared an apartment for 6 months, and I've seen them both so I understand your excitement. That is lifes as they get older and find their own path. Recipe please on the meatballs and let us know how the crockpot worked.

Jolie said...

They turned out great in the crockpot. We didn't end up eating until close to 7:30.

I put a bit of fresh ginger, and some soya sauce in the meat and browned them, then into the crock pot.

We had a good visit with DS's girlfriend and her family, who came in to see him and enjoyed time out in the yard until the mosquitos chewed us up.

I predicted that DS would give me a brief hug then run for the new cat. I should have put money down on it :-)

Jessie's Money said...

It sounds like you had an awesome visit!

(and the meatballs sound tasty too)

Jane said...

So happy for you!! Being a cat lover too I understand your son's actions :)